USA Games would like to announce the immediate release of Mysteries of
the Ancients beta 19. This all new release includes a number of
changes, bug fixes, and new features.
What's New in This Release
* Added the ability to run, jump, attack, etc while the game is speaking.
* Added the ability to silence speech with the escape key.
* Added the ability to skip the game intro with the escape key.
* Added the ability to skip cutscenes with the escape key.
* Added KeyDown function to check
when a key is down but not pressed.
* Disabled analog jumping
and use standard jump code from beta 17 and earlier.
* Created both Linux and Windows x86 builds.
* Fixed the bug where the alt key brings up the context menu.
* Fixed the bug where the s key fails to open the sounds menu
while in the main menu.
* Fixed the bug with player's health not being restored
after drinking a healing potion.
* Fixed the bug where the player isn't poisoned when being attacked
by a poisonous enemy.
* Removed joystick profiler.
* Removed joystick support.
* Removed mouse support.
* Replaced character string constants with standard C++ string class.
* Replaced exit menu with quit menu.
* Replaced Microsoft DirectInput with SDL input.
* Replaced Microsoft Windows API with SDL window API.
* Replaced Microsoft DirectSound support with FMOD Ex sound API.
* Updated Area class.
* Updated enemy class.
* Updated enemy A.I.
* Updated Nemean Lion sounds.
* Updated level1.
* Updated level 2.
* Updated LoadGame() function.
* Updated LoadLevel() function.
* Updated PlayerAttackEnemy() function.
* Updated PlayerTargetTracking() function.
* Updated SaveGame() function.
* Updated SaveLevel() function.
* Updated User's Guide.
Downloading and Installing
Before downloading and installing beta 19 be sure to remove beta 18
and earlier as it conflicts with the new cross-platform engine. To
download beta 19 visit
and have fun.
President of USA Games Interactive
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.