Hi Bryan,

Yeah, but as I just explained to Will that's too much work. The G3D
Windows version and the cross-platform version are fairly different
which requires a number of changes to the MOTA code itself. Things
like panning, setting volume, changing pitch, initializing an
application window, etc are completely different. Different enough it
would take at least a couple of weeks of editing, like I just did, to
make the MOTA code compile with the new 3.0 engine. I've already done
that work. Why would I go back to beta 18 and the older 2.0 Windows
engine and build on that when I've already converted the code to use
the new engine?

The way I see it is kind of like this. The Windows users are asking me
to go back to beta 18, and create a Windows specific version. Since
that isn't compatible with the new engine, is deprecated code as far
as I'm concern, it would probably turn out something like this. I
released MOTA 1.0 as a Windows only version using the older 2.0
engine. All future games would be designed on the new 3.0 engine
regardless of how they feel about it. People would want me to upgrade
MOTA 1.0, add levels, new features, and I reply, "sorry, I'm not
upgrading that game, because it was built on an older version of the
G3D Engine and would take too much work to upgrade."

Obviously, an answer like that would go over like a led baloon. People
wouldn't want to hear that because I have personally chosen to use Mac
or Linux, not Windows, and have decided to move in that direction that
I'm just completely abandoning everything for Windows. So I think what
I'm doing is the best for everyone. I can continue to create my games
using Linux or Mac, and since I plan to have at least one Windows
computer around for business purposes I can cross compile/port my
games to Windows. Then I can sell, maintain, and support Windows
versions of my products. Otherwise its not worth my time to create
Windows products as a separate product from the ones I'm currently
creating for non-Windows platforms.

In a way, its kind of like the way Windows developers view Mac and
Linux in reverse. I've heard things like there is no money in it, they
don't use Mac/Linux so its not worth their personal time, etc. In
other words creating non-Windows versions of their software is going
out of their way to do it. Well, I consider writing Windows versions
of my games going out of my way, because I have no use for them
myself. I'm using a fully operational Linux laptop with Ubuntu 10.04
LTS  and that's where I spend 99% of my time. Therefore, it only seems
logical that my games should be Linux compatible since that is what I
primarily use on a daily basis.

Cheers!