Hi Charles,

Having "I Disagree" automatically checked by default is standard
installation procedure, and for one very good reason. The main one is
that in order to continue with the installation of the software you
must implicitly agree to the terms of the license agreement and then
are bound by it legally. Basically, from a legal standpoint checking I
Agree and then clicking Next is the software equal of signing your
name on the dotted line.  Its a contract between you and company x,
and like all contracts it isn't legally binding until you sign your
name on the dotted line, or in this case click the "I Agree" checkbox
implicitly stating your agreement to the contract. In short, its just
a legal formality everyone abides by, and the courts will uphold the
fact you made a intentional choice to check the "I Agree" checkbox
agreeing to the contract thus making it legally binding in a court of
law.

HTH