Hi thomas.
In my opinion you inform the community very well and publishing your roadmap online is not necisary, so if you change your mind people will not jump onto your case as they already do. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota

Hi Charles,

Well, I think I do. The fact of the matter is most people don't really
know or fully realise how developers work, operate, etc. Most projects
have a roadmap, sort of a master todo list/schedule, that states what
needs to be done and when the developer plans to work on that
particular issue. Linux projects, for example, generally have a public
roadmap you can read online that gives you a rough idea of what Gnome
3.2 willl contain as well as other updates or changes to various
programs. Well, I'm no different in that respect other than I never
publish my notes online. Perhaps I should start doing it.

Basically, I have this master list that says ok, joystick/mouse
support isn't working, so I'll take it out and add it before 1.0 goes
live. If I need to I'll use the DirectX input libraries for it until I
find another way to do it properly with SDL etc. Since I haven't made
my master notes publically available I think people like Mattheus
assumed the worst. I removed joystick support in beta 19 so he assumed
it was perminitly removed rather than temperarily removed. I see where
he got his assumptions even though it turns out to be a bit eronious
and short sighted because he isn't seeing the big picture here.

Cheers!

I know, from the beginning, that your reasoning for creating the game to
work on the format of your personal choice was so that you, in fact, could play it using that platform. And, as you have numerously pointed out, that market is still growing, and will be profitable. There aren't enough games
for that market, so it is a very good sound idea.

As for the removal of joystick and mouse support, this has been done before
in order to test game operation, and it will be added back in before the
final release.  I have no idea where anyone at all got the idea that you
removed it permanently.  You never even hinted at such a notion.

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to
heart.