Hi Charles,

You said,
The knight is the only piece on the board that can jump over other pieces. It moves rather oddly. It moves one square vertically or horizontally, as well as one square diagonally in relation to the direction of the first part of the move. For example, one square north and one square northeast or northwest. One square south and one southeast or southwest. One square west and one northwest or southwest. Or one square east and one northeast or southeast.

But actually the knight moves in an L shape.  That is up two and over one, or
up one and over two, or back one and over two, or back two and over one.  Well
ok, now that I reread your way of saying it, I guess that it is the same.  Just
didn't sound correct at first.

And chess is spelled chess, not ches.

HTH

BFN

    Jim

Once a king always a king but once a knights enough

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA