Hi Jim,

I honestly can't see any way to make a live action game like MOTA
playable by a totally deaf-blind gamer. At least not if we are going
to do everything in real time. A person has to have a reasonable
amountof hearing to play it.

As for using text in Windows games it can be done, but sometimes it
requires creating sets, scripts, etc for your application for each
screen reader. That's not exactly ideal since there are several
different screen readers out there these days.

The only solution I've found is not to draw my own window and output
text directly to the console using the command prompt window in
Windows. Most of the modern screen readers like Window-Eyes 7.5, Jaws
12, and NVDA 2011 all read the text as soon as it changes in the
command prompt window without scripts, sets, frames, whatever. So its
pretty reliable for my wrestling game.