Hi,

That's exactly the issue in a nutshell. Its not that I or anyone else
has any particular issue with VB 6 and/or the developers that use it,
other than the fact that some day every single program written in that
language will stop working and the developer is going to have to deal
with that reality sooner or later. Unfortunately, as the majority of
accessible games are based on VB 6 if we, as a community don't take
steps to upgrade now, there may come a day when Windows X will no
longer run any games written in VB 6 and then what will we do?

The same argument can apply to Directplay, Directsound, and a number
of other APIs that are now deprecated. Yes, they currently still work
on  Windows 7 now, but don't expect that state of affairs to last
forever. The one and only reason they still work is Microsoft is
trying to maintain backward compatibility with XP era software and
many of their libraries are their for compatibility reasons rather
than active development. When XP goes out of support so will DirectX 8
and a number of APIs that came with XP. Rather than wining about it
the smart thing is to start looking at   updating to something current
now.

Cheers!