To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] runtime error

Hi Angela.

I wonder if this is the visual basic problem which many people have found trying to play old games while running vista and windows 7. There are several components (noteably the visual basic runtime libraries), that shipped with xp, but not with vista or 7.

No need to worry though. Just go to www.kitchinscin.net and download the winkit.exe file. This creates a directory to run all of Jim kitchin's free games, but more than that it installs the components needed to run them, which are also needed to run many other older games too.

Often if someone has a problem running an older game on windows vista or 7, just downloading and installing winkit will fix it and this is probably what you should try first.

hth.

Beware the grue!