Ok, with 0.7b, every time I start a new game, the original storehouse takes
10 lumber and only 2 bricks.  Once the storehouse has its materials,
starting any other building site tells you immediately that it has the
materials.  This doesn't affect saved games, but it happens every time, no
matter what combination of perks and flaws you choose.  Now, I started by
doing what Jeremy asked and chose cooperative play, and I figured that the
resulting weirdness was due to that, but I've exited the game and started a
new single-player game with the same results.  I suppose I could uninstall
and reinstall and see if I can start a single-player game, but this is the
strangest bug I've seen with the game.

The good news: builders do in fact do what they're supposed to.

                Chris Bartlett