Hi Thomas,

From the trucker.txt file;

Thank you for checking out my text to speech version of trucker.
The original trucker game was written by Hughes Glantzberg in 1985.
There was also a popular version by Bill Pogue named big rig.
Both of them were dos text only versions. (no sounds)
I hope that you enjoy this windows Microsoft sapi5 text to speech
version with sounds.

So yeah, diesel and gasoline sure were one heck of allot cheaper back then.
And I do believe that before diesel became popular for cars, pickup trucks etc
it was allot cheaper than gasoline.  But if one were going to update the fuel
prices, you would also update the rest of the dollar values as well.

BFN

    Jim

The highways will be safer now that the price of gasoline is so high. Nobody can afford to drink AND drive.
j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA