Hi HTH,

Thanks for your detailed response. I apologize for being naive of the
terminology, as I am unfamiliar with this gaming world, hence my desire to
reach out and learn. I guess I considered "video games" to be synonymous
with "electronic games" in general, and until yesterday didn't even make the
connection between "video" and "visual"-- I just took that for granted, so I
think the phrase "audio games" is a great and useful phrase for this
purpose.

I am encouraged that I keep hearing the same responses about Shades of Doom,
Castaways, and Sound RTS. This tells me that there are in fact "gold
standard" games in this industry, which is a good thing.

I have tried Audio Quake, although I couldn't get it to run. In fact, a lot
of audio games I've tried simply crash right away and don't run. I wonder if
that is a common problem, and something needs to be tweaked with my audio
card settings?

Thanks again for your help, the feedback has been great!
Brian