To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] General Gaming Info

Interesting, I am assuming ToC can be customized to be a bit more simple,
then? perhaps for a game that would last about an hour?

-Brian

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com>wrote:

Hi Brian,

Well, as a happy owner of Time of Conflict myself I can tell you that
the game is definitely unparalleled in terms of audio games. It
probably is the closest example I can think of that would compare to
Starcraft in terms of strategy and replay value. Let's put it this
way. The longest game I've had running so far was about 67 hours
spread out over a full week before the enemy forces finally gave up
and surrendered. Lol!

My point being is that Time of Conflict is definitely an engaging
game. Especially, if the player is into real time strategy and wants
to carry out some very extended campaigns. However, at the same time
it does get to be a bit much keeping track of hundreds of units
ranging from foot soldiers, to tanks, to aircraft carriers loaded with
fighters ready to bomb the enemy coastal cities into the dirt. Its all
there, but it takes considerable patients to play if using some of the
larger campaign maps.

Cheers!

On 7/29/11, brian glass <brigl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dark,
>
> Thanks for all the great info. I am writing a research proposal to use
audio
> games to study cognitive and perceptual changes that may occur over > time
> once a novice (someone who has never really played electronic games)
begins