Hi,
I know that many people here in Germany are considering to leave JAWS behind and are going to switch to something else very soon or have already done so. But I would like it if some things were adressed in all screen readers. While it is nice to have current MS Office support, I wish they would find a way to adress other things, namely full access to all window and object designs in all forms of Java and part Java applications and I do not mean OpenOffice.org exclusively.
Same goes for web content created with Silverlight.
I had to use a professional website regularly for one year where Silverlight was inded present and we had only JAWS 10 and XP SP3 and of course the damnable Internet Explorer 8 which regularly crashed when pressing the tab key apparently at the wrong time to move out of the adress bar when pressing enter on a manually entered adress did not move the cursor and focus back automatically into the website when it was loaded...
But I am going to far.
Flash and Shockwave are as old as Windows itself, and most screen readers can only handle Flash embeded into an HTML file. But make an non graphical Flash file which displays "hello world" and make the SWF file into a standalone EXE and Bye screen reader. From oldest 3.0 modules up to current...
I'll stop ranting here, I think you will understand now.
But one last thing I'll say about JAWS: I hate the way they deal with the RealSpeak voices, allthough I think Nuance is to blame for this...