Hi Tom.

Well Hal has always seen a lot of use in continental europe, particularly with it's default support of many languages, and from a discussion I had when i was doing the demonstration at my friends' charity, things are changing in this country as regards Jaws use too, ---- though i must confess Hal is going through a slightly buggy patch at the moment, though dolphin have promised to get this fixed in 12.5.

Either way, hal will work quite happiy out of the box with the kchess programs (I tested them myself), and window eyes scripts exist for them.

it also wouldn't surprise me if Nvda worked with them too as their window and screen layout is pretty logical and uncluttered.

On this basis, I'm afraid winboards' claime to "universal accessibility for the blind" seems a bit much to me.

Hopefully though Dave has taken this on board and will do something about it, especially if the code is open source.

Beware the grue!