Hello dhruv,

First of all, the ability to go back to the prior page as a feature of
your web browser Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opra, and not of Dark
Gru. So even if Jeremy or anyone else wanted to prevent this behavior
they couldn't because you are blaming the wrong program here.

Second of all, I hate to say this, but this shows your lack of
experience with gamebooks in general. That is that these games assume
that you won't cheat. If you decide to play fair or cheat all the way
through its completely your own affair not the developer's. Suppose
you pick up a classic gamebook printed in a hard bound or paperback
book written in the early 1980's. What's to prevent you from flipping
back to the prior page in the book?

Of course, there is nothing to keep you from sticking in a bookmark
and doing just that. The point being is that gamebooks were written to
have fun, and were printed in physical books long before most people
even owned personal computers. Now days they are published in
electronic media html, pdf, rtf, etc but the same basic principle
applies. If you don't want to cheat don't do it. The asumption of the
author is that the person plays this or that gamebook to have fun and
will be honest enough to play by the rules of the game.

HTH