Wouldn't that mean you couldn't use Shift for the running jump?
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mota thoughts

Hi Scott,

|Scott wrote:

1. Room 16, whatever the platform thing is in the middle of the big
fire pit has a location but not a description of the object itself.

My reply:

Thanks. That bug has been around a while I thought I had fixed that in
beta 21 but apparently not. I'll take a look at the code again and see
if I can fix that one.

Scott wrote:

2. Stairs still aren't announced in the view menu. This one's been
around since last time I played and caught up on the list, must've
been pre beta 18, so chances are you already know about it?

My reply:

Yeah, I know about this. They were never added to the view
menu/command and it was one of those things I was putting off until I
knew how many staircases would be in the game before adding them to
the view command. They are actually one of the updates going into the
game pretty soon.

Scott wrote:

The question is, while I do prefer the view command nowadays, is there
a key to silence speech? When there are a lot of objects in a room, I
quite often find it continuing to talk around other stats. It can get
mega distracting when you're trying to barge your way through rooms

My reply:

That's a catch 22 at the moment. That functionality exists in the
game, but is currently unasigned to a key, because I can't find a key
that I can logically map it to. If I map it to control, for example,
then commands like control+t won't speak the number of torches  in
your inventory. If I asign it to something like escape you can't use
it to quit/escape the game, menus, etc. I'm thinking shift might be a
good alternative, but I'm still open to suggestions. I really don't
know what to use for silencing speech.