Sure.
Let's see...
I don't remember the exact order I first put up buildings.
I remember starting with my usual of storehouse, quarry, sawmill, and then a
tavern.
I put up a butcher shop and then a tannery and a mine.  I always like to get a
miner mining early to build up a supply of
ore.
I found that, unless I put up a tannery first, the cloth goes mostly to the
textile and I don't get any, or very much,
leather.  I didn't build a textile until I had one tome started.

I think I also put up an animal farm and a stable before building the mill so
that wheat would build up in the first two
places.

I built a barracks as soon as I could.  I didn't build a war tent until later
though I may change this strategy in future
games.

I tried to have several of each fighter though this didn't always work.  I
finished with about 45 people.  About three
fourths through the game, I had enough people doing other jobs that all my new
people became fighters.
HTH,
Christina