Hi Bryan,

Well, to be honest I kind of think that is cheating. That's why there
isn't at least one potion in Angela's inventory at the beginning of
the game. After all, if you start a new game, tangle with a harpy, and
end up dying as a result that's just bad luck. You can just restart
the game and maybe get more favorable results the next time. I guess
to sum up my opinion it is a question of challenge, difficulty, and
weather or not it is realistic that Angela will just happen upon a
potion each and everytime she steps into a tomb right off.

Besides that, it goes without saying this is one of the basic
challenges in random chance. If you flip a coin in the air it will
either come up "heads you win" or "tails you lose." There is nothing
assuring you that you will get heads each and every time that coin is
flipped. Same concept applies to my games.

Sometimes you will enter a room and you will mow down a skeleton,
injure a centaur, get ripped by a harpy, or encounter nothing at all.
Sometimes there will be a potion nearby and sometimes you will have to
really search to find one. Its a coin toss weather or not you will get
lucky sometimes, and its this degree of challenge and uncertainty I
enjoy. So that is why I ditched the idea of giving you one or two
freebies  to help you get passed the first few monsters.

Cheers!