One of the things you can do in MOTA now is turn off the music. That way you
would only hear the sounds of the game and that might help you a little.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Valiant8086
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:46 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota beta 22 thoughts

I have some food for more thought on this discussion.

That is, with certain games, I have to mod them in order to play them. That
is, with my hearing problems, sometimes I need to silence a crowd or turn up
a beep sound. Sometimes I have to turn down music in a menu  where many
developers seem to forget to allow it to be turned down or off.

I'm not trying to argue against the prevention of modding, just wanted to
throw that out there for people to know about.

On Aug 23, 2011, at 8:14 AM, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Yeah, I do know what you mean and understand your point of view.
> That's my feeling as well. If I wanted the game to be modded or to
> allow end users to customize it I would make available the proper
> tools or ability to do so.
>
> Since I don't intend Mysteries of the Ancients to be modified, to be a
> stand alone game, etc I'm going to have to begin encrypting sounds and
> taking care that people can't modify it without serious effort. That
> way I know that what I create stays in tact and the game I sell my
> customers is the one they are playing.
>
> Smile.
>
> On 8/23/11, Jim Kitchen <j...@kitchensinc.net> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> I totally agree with you about the modding of games.  But I also
>> believe that it applies to free games as well.  Even if I do not pay
>> for the sound files that I use, I spend allot of time finding or
>> recording and editing the sounds for my games.  And put the games out
>> as my creation, you know the concept, the code, thus the way that the
>> game plays and the sounds of the game.  Now if I intend for the game
>> to be modded such as Quake I would build tools into the game for
>> that.  You know like I have for games such as monopoly, golf, baseball,
football, coupling and the trivia game engine.

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6403 (20110823) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6403 (20110823) information _____________

http://www.eset.com