Hi Michael,

True, but what can I say? My guess is Paramount does the actual
creation of the sounds or perhaps or owns or hires a team of sound
effects engineers when they need sounds done for Star Trek or whatever
else they might be working on. Most film companies has someone on
retainer for that specific job.

For instance, Lucasfilm uses Skywalker Sound for all of the Star Wars
movies plus various other Lucas films and games. Lucas Arts which is
owned by Lucasfilm LTD obviously licenses the sounds for the various
Star Wars games directly from Skywalker Sound. I'm sure Paramount has
some other similar arrangement with somebody I just don't know who.

Cheers!