Hi Jim.

that is true about mazes, though for me the fun is exploring the hole maze especially if the enviornment or hazards change as you explore it, pluss if the maze is large enough you cannot memorize it's entire route.

Turrican and it's sequal, Turrican 2 which are largely the reason I became interested in computer games have huuuuuuge! 2D platforming mazes, with many different ways to go.

finding the exit is only part of the fun, sinse there are hidden power ups and extras, as well as more enemies to fight or other hazards.

this for me is a good bit of the fun of gaming, exploring and seeing what you find.

i do have one question about the homer maze though.

I understand the wind sound indicates a turn, however sometimes if I walk in a streight line I get the wind sound then the ambience changes. Does this indicate I've turned another direction, or is this just a break in the tunnel.

Do I in fact only turn when I physically use the left or right arrow keys to do so.