I agree with Jeremy. How about a message when someone's energy level is below 10% instead? If your tavern has enough supply of at least 2 types of food and you never close it, this won't be much use to you. But if you do close the tavern a lot, that message can be a reminder to open it.

锦发/Steady Goh
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] sound for closed buildings in castaways

Actually after giving this a try, I think it might not work out as expected. Until your economy is quite stable, the tavern runs out quite a bit, if only for a few ticks at a time. Unless I adjust how it determines when to display the message, you end up with dozens of unwanted and unnecessary warning messages from the tavern.

I will try a few things when I get time again to code, but if anyone has any ideas already I'd be happy to hear them.

Hi, what did you think about the
message idea for when the tavern runs out of food?