I think there will be many differing opinions about the castaways sounds.  It
is part of the downside to having the temporary ones around for so very long.
People got used to them and it is always hard to make that kind of change.  The
good news is that the sounds will remain as separate files so people can easily
swap them out for ones they like better.

Congratulations on completely walling yourself in on mission 3, so far that is
the only way I've been able to beat it on hard mode.  I've changed up my
strategy a few times, but at the moment this is how I've managed to do it.
Spoiler alert, of course.

This is on the default map.  I build my storehouse on O-28 and build 2 walls as
soon as I have my settlement running well enough.  The first wall goes at O-30
and the other wall goes at P-26.  This seals off a perfectly protected piece of
land that has 10 tiles of usable space.  This isn't a very large piece of land,
but 10 tiles gives me room for the storehouse, tavern, and 8 other buildings
that I will need most.  This isn't enough room to last forever, but it is very
good knowing you have those 10 buildings totally protected.

The next step is to try and defend myself as I expand outward to grab up more
land.  My next piece of land gives me 15 tiles of space, but it requires 4
walls to defend it completely.  Walls must go at L-7, I-11, L-13, and M-12.  If
I can last long enough to get those walls built, that always gives me enough
room to eventually beat the mission.  Studying the map looking for the best
places to try and defend has been an ongoing process, so I'm pretty sure other
people have come up with other places that are good for defending also.  I
haven't played the new secondary map enough to find a favorite spot yet.