Hi list.
I have two questions for nokia e7 users.

firstly, although I am able to make a call on the e7, if I get through to one of these menu driven phone systems,
talks says soft key 5 for dialer.
I assume this is to bring up a keyboard on the touch screen showing numbers that can be dialed into the phone.
could someone please tell me how do I locate soft key 5?
as I have tried a few times, but for example with my voice mail system, it cuts off before I can locate the soft key and press it in order to open the dialer to input my pin number.

on a related issue, when I put the phone to my ear to hear what is going on, the proximity sensor switches on and disables the touch screen to avoid triggering functions accidentally with your cheek.
so do I just use the unlock switch to release the screen?
I can't remember if someone said you could dial extensions from the qwerty keyboard, if this is possible I suppose I could do that, but its a pain to have to open the phone up just to dial in a pin number or interact with the banking system. I am beginning to seriously wonder if the e7 is worth bothering with, as I found my texting speed is about half that of the e90, when I am writing, plus at least when using talks its so easy to trigger menus opening etc, the screen isn't well designed at all, a candy bar style screen would have been much better. but I have decided to switch over to using the e7 for a week, and only use my old phone if I am going out where I will need a phone it is certain I can operate. at the end of that time, I will decide if I want to keep it or not, but I think I am leaning towards selling it.
though I haven't thought through what I might get instead.
I would like an I phone as it would be so cool to be able to play games on a phone, but apple seem obstinate about not doing a version with a qwerty keyboard because steve jobs hates physical buttons. I could get a blutooth keyboard for it, but it would just be extra equipment to lug around and keep charged, and it wouldn't be so easy to just stand around and text as with an in built keyboard. I suppose I could go down the android root but I don't know two much about it. but I think long term symbian is a sinking ship as I believe it only has another 3 years or so of life in it.