Hi Curt,

Could you be more specific where you are in the game? Like what level
and what room number specifically. I'm afraid I don't know where you
are by your description. On level one the spikes aren't anywhere but
room 19 which isn't even close to the rope. On level 2 I think they
are in like room 16 and room 19. Again not near any ropes. So it
sounds to me like you aren't making much sense here.