Hi Thomas,
There is only one question to ask when it comes to dealing with virtual machines.
How am I supposed to install the operating system in the virtual system?
When you first install an operating system on a new hard drive, you would need sighted assistance, because the installation of Windows is not with sound and thus not accessible for blind users. Even if you create an unattended installation, then you still would need to check some things with a sighted person doing it for you. My question is now, how is it done with a virtual machine? Is it possible for your screen reader to interact with the software within the virtual machine long enough to get the software within the virtual machine set up enough so that a screen reader within the virtual machine can take over?