Ian,

I help run the MUD Alter Aeon if you're interested.  Over half our
playerbase is blind and a lot of our players use the Oriol's MushZ
client and soundpack.  Alter Aeon is a fantasy MUD, so it might not
work for you if you're looking for a sci-fi or futuretech themed game.
 The web page address is:

http://www.alteraeon.com

You can download Oriol's MushZ client from:

http://oriolg.es/mush.php

Happy playing!

Dennis Towne