Well, this was the console build, and players hadn't gotten their hands on it for long. The arcade version's been out for a year, and if you can watch those... that's some mighty fine stuff. I like the sounds as they stand now, personally. It's cheesy, but it doesn't sound as old as the neo geo games used to. Man that sound hardware was old. lol. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnny Tai" <johnnyti...@shaw.ca>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] kof thoughts?

Lol sorry- meant to post a reply but forgot all about it when too much got piled onto my plate at once. Yes, viewed the vid- lol, that first round was funny, Yuri got the tar beat out of her like, majorly. Never been much of a combo kinda guy where KOF's concerned, I can't judge them too well- though Terry definitely seemed impressive as he always has been. The action's a bit...slow...almost like how you see it in practice mode when people are trying to figure out what does what. Hm, I haven't been keeping track of KOF since I don't have a ps3 of xbox or any of the new things- but I like it better when they used to announce the name of the winner after each fight- if they did in this vid, I couldn't understand them lol.

I also actually prefer the much harsh combat sounds when hits connect as in the earlier versions- 97 was great for that.