I do take the point about simulation versus game. I remember how much
fun it was, in Fallout II, to carry around ungodly amounts of weaponry
and explosives. However, I love the concept of a realistic  FPS. As I
said, not realistic like unplayable, just realistic like not quake, or
more truthfully, not doom. I like the 2d awesomeness that we have, and
I can only praise Jeremy for what he's done. I would, frankly, love to
see where he alone would want Swamp to go, whether it's incumbrance,
fatigue, more weapons, flying monkeys, sheep zombies, or what have
you. I'm so impressed with what I've seen so far that I can't imagine
us coming up with anything to dwarf it.

However, I will briefly say that the medkit thing is a potential idea
that would probably be annoying to implement. That's the same with
running. I think part of the problem is that we default to that, and
most people either don't want to change it, don't know how, or don't
care.

As for the safe zone being under siege, it kind of makes sense that
it'd be hard to clear, given the amount of zombie stuff out there
suggesting sieges by the hoards, but it eventually becomes a question,
as it was put, of simulation or game. If the safe zone is under siege,
it would take a concerted effort of many players to clear the area. In
fact, it'd probably take a bunch shooting their way out, running off,
and making hellacious noise to attract zombies. To that end, I really
would love to see the player communications, the "Over here" and such
attract zombies. Even if it isn't all the messages, I think there
maybe should be a way to attract them easily, if that's your choice,
without wasting tons of ammo.

Thanks again for the wake up call of game versus simulation. I hope I
never forget that again.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard