From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Che
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:00 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Swamp questions

   Wow, Jeremy has done it again. Great job man.
   Swamp has the potential to be one of the most popular games ever for
the action oriented AG community in my opinion.
   The sound effects especially deserve kudos.
   Some questions though:
1. Why the deviation from the time tested standard input method of FPS
on the PC? Every FPS I played when I was sighted used the mouse in
conjunction with the A S D and W keys fore movement by default, a system
that works great. Why not mirror this, in other words, w moves one
forward, and use the right mouse button for replicating the shift key,
removing the need to stretch the fingers for shift v for example.
  also, having the scroll wheel move between available weapons would be
great.
   2. I can't get jaws to work with swamp on my system, when I hit tab,
the game ends up crashing. is there maybe a config file or something
that can be set to jaws so the game will launch in JFW mode, or is this
just a bug that has to be worked out?
3. I end up shooting a lot of walls, because it sounds like a zombie is
right there, when he is actually on the other side of a wall. can we
have a mode that gives a subtle audio cue when you have a direct shot,
or maybe a key to hit to ping and see if we're facing a wall directly?
4. if we could drop our own waypoint beacons, that would be way cool,
maybe double tap a number to drop a beacon, then control number to turn
that beacon on.  being able to name the beacon when you drop it would be
a great bonus as well, with the name being read out when you control
numbered.
   thanks for another excellent release Jeremy, and awesome job on the
sound efffects Chi, hope I'm spelling that right.
   Later
che
.