Hi all.
A sighted friend recently told me about a game called freeciv. For
those of you who never heard of it, it is a  game where you build up
your tribe to conker the world by defeating the other players or
sending a space ship into space to find DNA which you use to clone an
alien. The game allows you to play multiple races which start off with
different advantages. You start at 4000 bc and guide your civilization
from a primitive level of technology to the space age while balancing
diplomacy, war, technology advances, production and global warming.

The information I've gathered shows that the client can be used with
jaws and or Window eyes etc. Is this still true? I could not really
make any headway in the game with jaws. I also tried it on linux, but
reading the text inside the windows with orca 3.2 did not work.

There was also a discussion on this list a few years back, discussing
a custom front-end that can provide the information to us better with
either sapi or something like the new screen reader library. What
would the more experienced players of freeciv suggest as a good layout
of a frontend?