It feels like forever between my posts now, haha.

In the next update you won't be able to hear any sound passing through walls,
so the problem will be a past issue.  In the current version I tend not to
shoot at zombies behind me because I do a quick rotation test before I start
shooting a new target.  If the sound is about center and I turn a little to the
right, the zombie will move to my left if he is indeed in front of me.  If the
zombie is actually behind me, the sound will move to the right.  I know this
message wasn't talking about the trouble of zombies being behind you, but it
reminded me to share the strategy I use.