Hi Darren.

i like the idea of a space stratogy game, sinse having single player versions is very different and imho far more preferable to a multiplayer one. However, if it were a single player game I'd want it to have some significant differences from the online affairs available.

elite for instance, which is possibly the most famous game of that sort, though it used textual menues for combat missions and buying and selling, actually had a fully 3D flight system. You just set the nav beacon for where you wanted and followed it in full 360 degree 3D action, dodging pirates or fighting on the way.

This is the sort of thing I'd love to see in a stand alone single player game, features that really make use of what is there.

Castaways for instance in it's basic map structure with grid coordinates and ticks of time is in one sense rather like soemthing like tribal wars. however, even if we ignore the fact that your opponents in castaways are dynamic according to the mission rather than thousands of online players, the game has an ai which is truly unique, and makes the management of jobs, people and resources far more interesting and dynamic than any online game could do.

So, while I'd love a space trader (especially for the exploring), I'd want something more in the game than just flying, trading and possibly turn based combat, sinse Ce does many of those things extremely well pluss more.

Beware the grue!