I do plan to watch things and make adjustments to the difficulty, but I'm
reluctant to do that until I've given people a chance to get used to the
changes.  When the game first added multiplayer I was flooded with emails about
the game being too hard.  Those slowly died down and soon I was flooded with
emails saying it was too easy and people were starting to get bored.  I think
this could end up being the same type of situation where people just need to
get used to it.  I am willing to change it though, when the time is right.