Ok, got to run around a bit this afternoon while my kids were watching the
Muppet Show.  (And if that isn't cognitive dissonance, what is?)  Anyway, in
contrast to a lot of commentary I heard in game and here, I *love* the new
feel of the game.  I found myself acting as I would in that situation, i.e.
being extremely cautious, stopping a lot to listen, walking a lot instead of
running, and trying to take zombies at long range when I had the weapons.  I
have a new appreciation for the hunting rifle.

Some things that seem problematic.  There are zombies that don't appear to
track correctly as I move my mouse, that is, the sound stays in the same
place.  I got killed by one of those buggers.

Buying weapons with reputation seems to be broken.  I only have this from
radio chatter, but it appears that people tried buying weapons and couldn't
though the reputation score changed, they didn't get weapons.

All in all, this is a new game for me and I'm excited to master the new
techniques.

                Chris Bartlett