You raise an interesting point.  The range restrictions were only added because
wild random firing tended to pick off zombies from across the map in version
1.1b.  I don't care for the idea of you being able to hear a zombie but not
reach it with a gun, so I was going to make each gun fire at least as far as
you could hear.  Other than as a way to prevent weapon spamming, I suppose
people aren't going to notice any difference in the gun ranges.  If anyone has
any suggestions for making this make more sense, I'm open to it.