Hmmm, you could make the hearing range 60 (as that seems to be a common range number), and add targeting beeps for weapons with greater range.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Kaldobsky <jer...@kaldobsky.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:29:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp reflections.

You raise an interesting point. The range restrictions were only added because wild random firing tended to pick off zombies from across the map in version 1.1b. I don't care for the idea of you being able to hear a zombie but not reach it with a gun, so I was going to make each gun fire at least as far as you could hear. Other than as a way to prevent weapon spamming, I suppose people aren't going to notice any difference in the gun ranges. If anyone has any suggestions for making this make more sense, I'm open to it.

Ok I'm a bit confused then.� If
weapon ranges are going to increase to match
what you hear, then how are they going to be
differentiated?

젨� Chris (whose head is full of goo and who
thus may just be slow.)