Hi Philip,

I think Perilous Hearts is very good. Obviously the storyline is quite
different from Mysteries of the Ancients, and certain features as the
A.I. for the monkies, wild bores, and other animals  is completely
different from any audio game ever created before. Other than both
make full use of the 2d environment I really can't see many
similarities between Perilous Hearts ande Mysteries of the Ancients.
what similarities there are in the two games is pretty superficial.

For instance, in Perilous Harts you can climb up vines to get into the
tree tops. In MOTA you can use swinging ropes and vines to get to
higher and lower areas of the level. That's a similarity between the
games, but a pretty superficial one. After all, I could name several
mainstream games with ropes, vines, and other things like that to
climb on as well so I'm not worried about those kinds of similarities
between our games.

Honestly, I think they are more different than similar in the main.
>From what I've seen of Perilous Hearts so far the game mechanics are
fairly different, different storylines, different objectives,
different sounds, whatever. Some features like using the revolver for
short range combat and rifle for long range just makes sense. Its
realisticd, and MOTA uses the same kind of logic because anyone who
has handled firearms would expect it. Its not something exactly
proprietary or exclusive to any certain developer or game.

P.S.

I'm glad that information about SAPI helps. I just would like to point
out this issue is exclusive to the 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and
not the 32-bit versions of Windows 7.

HTH