Hmmm, perhaps store the rept/exp in the progress file and encrypt it.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Kaldobsky <jer...@kaldobsky.com
To: blindadrenal...@gmail.com, Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:19:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] swamp notes

I never changed your hearing range, only the range at which guns can reach zombies. If you didn't find any zombies, my guess is that the 10 players online had recently cleared them out of that area or the zombies were off chasing tasty people in hopes of getting a snack.

I am so utterly frustrated with these bugs. It really does seem like the server is mixing up the players and therefore causing everyone's reputation, experience, and level to keep changing. The problem is, I've checked the code multiple times looking for that exact situation with no luck. I just can't think of another problem that could so perfectly account for the current symptoms.

  hey jeremy, that list of bug
fixes is great, thanks again for the hard work, i know
sometimes all you hear from the list is what we'd like to be
better or new features, but it really is an amazing game
you've made here.
  one thing i noticed jeremy fixed that i don't think
he mentioned is when you start in the safe zone, your now
facing the door, so all you have to do is walk forward, very
nice.
  There seems to be way way less zombies now, either
that, or the range thing is keeping me from hearing them.
 i went from safe zone, down to green, to cardigan, to
indy, all the way to north border, back to the bridge, all
the way to the west border, up to north border, then back to
the safe zone, and heard exactly one zombie. there were 8 to
10 players online at the time. this was around 10 minutes of
walking total.
  regarding the reputation bug, is it possible that
the database is getting cross threaded with other players?
my numbers seem to fluctuate wildly, as if I were picking up
someone elses stats, although when i went to grab items at
the safe zone, it initially said i had like 2400 rep, then
said i didn't have enough when i tried buying a bennelli,
and after leaving safe zone, i had 5 rep, as if it had
caught up to what my stats were actually supposed to be
maybe.  you might try logging in as another player and
seeing if it matches your DB?
if i am not hearing zombies because the range of the axe
and pistol are really really short, i think that is a bad
thing.  this would give even more of an advantage to
players that have longer range weapons. i for one just don't
like the idea of my ability to hear zombies based on the
range of my weapon.
how about the flies, i assume if the range is in effect,
the flies aren't affected by range, right?
  keep up the good work man,
che