I totally agree with an option to disable the radio.  I'll add one.

We'll get some female voices once I post the update voice list.  The voices we
have got us this far, but for the stuff that's planned next I will need a much
longer list of phrases.  Once I'm positive I have them all figured out, I will
do what I did before and post them for volunteers to send in.  I'll take the 8
best male voices, and 2 best female voices when that time comes.