Might be a good idea that...

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Che
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 10:02 PM
To: Johnny Tai; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] swamp interface, was:Re: another swamp suggestion

   i like the idea of a 180 degree turn around key, but i don't understand
why all these combos are being used with the shift key.
   for me, a long session is leaving my poor pinky finger aching with all
the shift reaching, not to mention causing more incorrect keystrokes than
necessary, getting coords when you want to check XP, etc.
. surely i am not alone in this?.
   why not use double taps, for instance double tap s to turn around, double
tap d to turn right 45 degrees, etc.
   i realize audio games have used this kind of modifier interface with
shift, control etc. for the past 20 years, but I really think we can evolve
a bit with the concept of keyboard input now.
   might sound minor to some, but keep in mind not only is reaching for the
shift key over and over inefficient, but some blind players have issues with
hitting two keys at once at all, and even for those that don't, shift v is a
reach.
   if the double tap doesn't float your boat,, why not make the right mouse
button a shift modifier instead of move forward, and make w move forward
instead, the way it is in almost all PC FPS games.
   that way, you could right click and hit s to flip around, right click and
v for coords, and so forth.
   the games i've made have spent a great amount of time laying out an
efficient and transparent user interface, and i think it would be time well
spent for swamp as well, and would take a minimum of coding to do, making
what is already a great game that much cooler, and in my opinion helping the
player immersion factor.
   thoughts anyone?
later
che

On 11/28/2011 7:56 PM, Johnny Tai wrote:
> Can we make it so shift+s makes you turn around 180 to face backward? It'd
make control alot smoother when trying to flee, also not that unrealistic-
heck, most of us can turn on the dime like that in RL no problem, so should
be allowed in game.
> I know you can probably achieve that with the mouse- but I tend to turn
either not far enough or way too far doing that lol and that often get me
killed.

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6667 (20111128) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6668 (20111129) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6668 (20111129) information _____________