From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfr...@verizon.net>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:58 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Circumlocution

Hi, I am attempting to role play and I invariably find my characters
going round in circles and not making much headway toward obtaining
goals, etc. getting experience, finding a teacher, joining a guild, etc.
The help I get is minimal and practically useless leaving me to wander
helplessly and this makes what might be pleasurable downright
frustrating. For heaven's sake, is there something substantive to lessen
the learning curve and the frustration factor so that no matter what rpg
I may choose to play, I'll have real knowledge to tackle what I need to
do. I'm sorry but I can't learn this stuff by osmosis. I also would like
to know how to use a mud client. Mine (VIP MUD) can be downright
frustrating. I need instruction and I'm not getting any help whatsoever.
Regards, a really bugged would-be role player, Kim Friedman.