Hi Hayden,

Lol! You've got a good point there. Plus I'll add a comment to yours.
People here are talking about how rock solid stable XP is, how good it
is, but do they have a short term memory or something?

Back in 2001 when I first got XP the OS was extremely unstable. It
chrashed constantly, and everyone back then was calling XP a piece of
crap. It wasn't until service pack 1 came out before it became widely
considered to be safe to use, and it didn't really become extremely
stable until service pack 2 came along. Now, we are into the third
service pack, and of course its stable and reliable now. That's 10
years of updates, bug fixes, and changes to make it that way. So I
think the gripe here is actually more to do with paid upgrades than
free ones.

I don't remember this community pitching a fit when Microsoft released
service packs 1, 2, or 3 for XP when they came out. I'm sure most
people thought updating was a good idea. Now, if we come around to the
idea of paying for Windows 7 its an absolute, "no way Jose. Upgrading
is bad." Maybe the real problem here is not upgrading, but the cost of
investing in the upgrade?