I asked this on the toc-beta list, but I'll ask it here as well, apologies
for those who see it twice.

I am interested in creating games or TOC scenarios that are historical.
Accurate mapping (or at least mapping that enforces the same sorts of
strategic and tactical choices) is very important, but I haven't yet figured
out where to get usable information on historical battlefields to be the
basis of these maps.  If you're going to create a Gettysburg scenario, you'd
best have a good sense how the ground works, since it was a major influence
on the course of the battle, and the choices of its commanders.

this information has to be in a form that a totally blind person can absorb
it.

I don't know that anyone has tried to solve this problem, but I'd be
interested in ideas.

                Chris Bartlett