Makes perfect sense. I was just curious... I love the direction this is going. Can't wait to try it whenever the chance comes up! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Possible New MOTA Story

Hi,

Well, I changed the story for two reasons.

The first is simply due to the fact the original story didn't really
work. As I mentioned back a couple of days ago Athena is primarily one
of the good gods, someone who helps and aids heroes and I really felt
that it was out of character. After all, most of the principle enemies
like skeletons, harpies, zombies, and even Cerberus are from the
underworld and are the minions of Hades not Athena. So it had to be
scrapped and rewritten anyway.

The second reason is I've always had a deep interest in ancient
Egyptian mythology and history. Its one of the reasons I fell in love
with studying history. A lot of people don't realise while I was
majoring in computer science I was working on a minor in history with
my focus being the ancient world like Greese, Egypt, Rome, etc. All of
the ancient nations who created the foundation for western
civilization. So its not that surprising that I'd find a game with an
Egyptian theme or connection fun to write and play.

Finally, remember I started MOTA in 2008 and continued to update,
modify, and test the game as I built the core of the G3D Game Engine.
After three years of that I frankly got tired of fighting centaurs,
skeletons, zombies, harpies, whatever. I could have revised the
original story, but as I was more interested in an Egyptian story I
figured I could put the Greek story off for another time.

I like it. I'm curious as to why you decided to change the setting from
Greek mythology to ancient Egyptian? Other than that, it looks cool... and
in a dark way, fascinating. I like the idea of having to actually battle
mercinaries too.