I like that idea a lot. As I'm learning spells, it becomes less useful, but something like that for stone and displace would utterly rule.

----- Original Message -----
From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:46:37 -0000
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Shopkeepers in alter was: Re: Alter Aeon andDisappearing Items

Hi Dentin.

That's fair enough, however I do get a little tired of finding all these really interesting misc items and spellcomps, which should really be able to give some bennifit, then having to just sac them. I'm indeed looking forward
to when I get brewing skills just to get some mileage out of such
items, ---- though as thief and mage are my lowest classes that will be
quite a while.

While I accept that selling to npcs might not work economically in the game, it does seem a bit disappointing to kill a major mob, get some interesting body parts and such from it and not be able to use them, indeed I've not got
the corpsecutter skill precisely for this reason.

So, how about an organization, call it the brotherhood of alchemists or similar, will give you not gold, but favours in the form of spells cast on
or for you, in exchange for misc items and spellcomps?

Say each item is worth a certain number of favour points to the alchemists depended upon it's level and rarity, and each casting of a spell costs favour, ---- perhaps with the option to have that spell in scroll form for
an additional charge of favour.

This wouldn't put the mages and other npcs who sell spells out of business, sinse some people might prefer to pay with gold rather than hunt down and carry junk around, and also it would be a nice way for characters to get access to certain spells outside the ones they themselves can cast.

for those like me who enjoy exploring, hunting spellcomps would also be a
much more fun way than stockpiling gold as well.

For instance, I recently needed a fly spell to explore the djinni school. Though I just paid for a scroll with it, I'd have much rather gone out to hunt, delivered the goods to the guild and got it that way. There would also then be a use for corpsecutter as well even for people without brewing
skills.

of course this would only cover spellcomps and misc items. Weapons and armour wouldn't be of use to such a guild and would therefore still need to
be donated for other players to use or just sacked.

Perhaps not a major change or expantion to the game, but maybe a fun one?

Beware the grue!