Greetings list.

I've decided to set the absolute cut-off date for vocal submissions to Swamp to
February 29. I've been marketing the project for a while now, and would like to
instead focus on processing the received files. Please get your voice
recordings in soon, if you do indeed wish to be a part of Swamp!
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=7205

Please pay full attention to the instructions and script. Any voices missing a
category will be declined, and I don't have the inclination to chase down
everyone who submits a recording to give them a chance to fill in the gap. This
means that if you neglect to record a name for the file, it will be rejected.
If you forget to record pain sounds, it will be rejected. If you only record
two phrases for one category, and neither of those phrases are useable, your
entry will be rejected. (This is why we ask you to record three.)

I'll stress it again. Please try to get the optimal situation for your
recording session. I fully realize not everyone has a professional recording
setup or environment (I myself don't), but there are steps you can take to
maximize the quality of your
recording.

Don't record near fans, refridgerators, or other noisy pieces of equipment.
There's only so much noise reduction I can do, and if that process
significantly damages the underlying voice I'm trying to clean up, I'll deem
the submission unuseable. Before recording, try and obtain as quiet of an
environment as possible. Record in a quiet room. Turn off your appliances for
the small duration required to record.

Don't record with the windows open, or when there's music playing in the
background. This also includes not speaking over your speech synthesizer of
choice. If your computer talking gets picked up by the microphone and is
interspersed with your phrase, and if there isn't a suitable alternative, I'll
have to reject your entry. If your computer can be heard in the recording, make
sure to start speaking after the computer stops.

Don't record using the internal microphone in your laptop or some other device.
The inferior quality of these microphones will more than likely render your
submission unuseable.

Don't record multiple times, and then join the results into one long file. This
makes my noise reduction efforts well nigh impossible. Just turn on the
microphone, read your lines, re-speak any lines you feel you've messed up, then
save and submit the entire file.

Similarly, don't submit multiple files. I have very specific requirements and
reasons for wanting a single file. applying noise reduction across multiple
files is tedious, and I'm going to be honest in saying that I'm only willing to
go so far to redeem entries which don't follow the instructions.

I know all of this makes it sound like I'm doing my best to find reasons to
reject entries. I'm not. I have in fact done my best to make some fairly
difficult recordings work before having to discard them. In some cases, my
efforts were successful, and in some others they were not. I'm going to do my
best to make you a part of the game if you submit an entry, but please also do
your part to ensure that the file you submit is easy to work with.

I sincerely appreciate each and every person's time invested in making their
recording, but I need to draw some lines. Otherwise, we'll inevitably have some
fairly rediculous entries.

Once again, remember that the cut-off date is February 29th. Submissions after
that point will regretably have to be turned down so that I can dedicate myself
to processing the available files.

Thank you in advanced for your efforts, and I look forward to seeing you be a
part of Swamp!

kai