Hi Steven.

I'm replying to your message here to aide discussion. Firstly, I think you
might have got this a little wrong.

i'm not actually developing Eamon Deluxe, I've just helped with beta testing
and writing reviews, and am a fan of the system.

The developer is frank black, and you can reach him by the address in the blog.
Eamon always has, and will continue to be free.

the eamon site can be found at http://www.eamonag.org/index.html and there is
also an eamon deluxe page on audiogames.net, though bare in mind that is
severely out of date, sinse the old version 4 of Eamon deluxe from 2005, while
just about runnable has some compatibility issues and annoying habbits with
screen readers and takes a little jiggering to get to work. Needless to say
though, these have been utterly fixed in the new version, plus a lot of access
features added that weren't there before. In Fact frank is doing a great job in
terms of access, even going as far as describing Ascii graphics, as well as
allowing full access to everything in text (previously there was a graphical
main hall that had some advantages over the text one, but that is now fixed).

Lastly as to platforms, yes, it's a shame, but there is no way around it
unfortunately sinse as I said the alternative is dosbox. If you use windows 7
pro microsoft have produced a virtual xp machine that can run 16 bit
applications, or you can use software such as vmplayer. I'm however not the
person to ask about this question, which is indeed why i have moved this
discussion onto the audeasy list, sinse there are more qualified people than me
here who can talk about it.

Hope this answers your question.

All the best,