Hi Johnny,

A new sapi5?  Not sure what that means, but may I ask, do the sapi5 voices work
like in the control panel and or with any other applications?  They are not the
real speak voices that come with JFW right?

Below are all of the fixes that I know of for the sapi5 speech.

The first thing that I would try would be the DelUserLex.exe file that you can
find on my free windows sapi5 text to speech games page, as well as on the GW
Micro and Freedom Scientific sites.  It is a strange file in that it doesn't
say or seem to do anything, but it did fix my sapi5 voices.

Here is another fix that I was told about.
Go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech
Then, press enter on Sapisvr.exe. It won't say anything, but it should correct the control panel entries for Sapi.

Another thing that you can do is to use the Windows XP restore feature to
restore your computer back to a date when the voices were working.

And then there is to use your Windows XP cd to repair the entire sapi5 text to
speech engine.

you can download (SpeechSDK51MSM.exe).
which contains all of the Microsoft Sapi voices available for Windows XP from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530&displaylang=en

HTH

BFN

    Jim

Kitchen's Inc, for games that are up to 110 percent funner to play.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA