Those of you who have not been following the discussion on audiogames.net
may be unaware that Jeremy/Aprone has had to devote increasing time to
anti-hacking measures for Swamp.  This has been escalating for the last two
weeks and has substantially delayed new releases with more maps, guns and
perhaps mission types.  On AG, he expressed a completely understandable
frustration that this is happening.  He hasn't said he'll stop developing
the game or for the community, but he has expressed understanding for those
who would.

Now you know I'm an Aprone fan-boy, but honestly this is becoming a serious
problem.  A few bad actors are threatening access to the current leader in
game popularity for reasons best known only to themselves.  The best way we
can minimize the problem is with information.  I'm asking on behalf of the
entire Swamp community that if you have information on persons deliberately
seeking to cheat, hack or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of
the Swamp game, please contact Aprone and give him information.  The sad
truth is that in the arms race between offense and defense in this arena,
the hacker always has the initiative, so software solutions aren't likely to
be the way to solve this problem, but if we can bring social pressure by
publicly outing the offenders, banning them from our communities, shunning
them personally and otherwise isolating them and removing any support they
have, it may become more trouble than it's worth to them to continue their
bad behavior.

It's said that sunshine is the most effective way to kill mold/mildew.
Information and public knowledge may well serve the same purpose in this
situation.

And if any people engaged in this behavior are reading this, please know
that you have engaged the anger of an actual witch and magical warrior.
Your belief is in what I say is immaterial, just know that misfortune is
headed your way.

                Christopher Bartlett, AKA the Mad Violinist